Visitor Services Manager
Part Time, Hourly
Greet visitors with a friendly, professional service-oriented approach. This position is responsible for serving as the initial contact for all visitors to the Museum; providing information, addressing questions, concerns or needs related to its operations, programs and services.
• Greet all visitors, introduce Museum to visitors with visitors guide and other appropriate materials
• Collect admission fees, enter in computer/register, keep track of demographics
• Verify current memberships for free admission including reciprocal programs
• Become knowledgeable of Museum’s programs, classes, camps, birthday parties, memberships and special events and be capable to communicate same to visitors
• Answer phones, direct calls to appropriate people; provide information by phone, in person and by email
• Book birthday parties, classes, camps and other appropriate programs
• Process program (membership, classes, camps and birthday party) applications and enter information into appropriate computer database
• Handle admission, membership, camps, class and birthday party questions and issues
• Process, record, balance all cash, checks and credit card receipts
• Communicate with Weekend Front Desk staff, send weekly email with notes and tasks to complete
• Assist in greeting and processing group field trips
• Keep Front Desk, Lobby and vending area neat and clean
• Restock informational materials at Front Desk and Lobby area, making copies as needed
• Support Gift Shop staff, assist customers, and complete sales.
• Perform other duties as assigned, support Museum staff with mailings, prep, etc., as needed
• Be a center of emergencies: i.e. lost child, reset alarm, rest room problems
Minimum High School diploma Skills & Qualifications
• Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks POS, Sage
• Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills a must with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to effectively and courteously communicate with children and adults
• Dependable, maintain scheduled work hours and on occasion for special events or training.
• Pleasant, upbeat personality with a positive attitude
Office, reception and cash register experience How To Apply:
Email resume and cover letter by email only to email@example.com
. Subject line: Visitor Services Associate. No phone calls please.